Saturday, December 17, 2011

Stress Fighting Snack Kit - Bento-style

This is kind of a part two to yesterday's Loosening the Mind post. After writing it, I got inspired to go into my own larder to see how well I was doing in stocking good stress fighting foods. here's what I came up with:


I think I did ok! In the top of the kit I've got baby carrots and cubed swiss cheese, offering body cleansing, immune boosting goodness. The bottom half has party mix and yummy sweet edamame both of which include key nutrients to maintain a calm, good mood to help meet the day's challenges. I'm glad I was on the right track for this one. I searched all over for the doughnut of my dreams, but in not finding it, I know I'll feel much better crunching on my snack kit instead. It's all ready, so I can just open the fridge and grab a nibble whenever I need a pick me up. Plus it barely took five minutes to assemble, including microwaving the edamame.

... oh and any concerns over the party mix in the fridge possibly loosing its crunch... um... not sure. It never lasts long enough for me to know if it does or not.

Hope this helps on your end. Enjoy and snack healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment