Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lights at the End of the Black Hole

It's kind a of twisted tradition, that happens occasionally throughout the year. It's the ol' "buy items when they are cheapest" tradition. I know you're thinking...

"duh, girl, it's called a sale..."

Well, yes, but no...

What I'm talking about are seasonal price breaks... the only time a year that a variety of items are the cheapest they will be all year. I will mention such traditions in the future as they happen, meanwhile, back to now.

This year, our price break tradition involves getting mini Christmas lights. They are important to us because, these happy little lights are our main light source in our trailer throughout the year. The warm tones of these lights help give a calming feel to our humble home in addition to giving us the light we need. At our local Walmart, they are also only available this time of year, as well, so the time to get them is now.

Well, here we sit, with the time upon us, and we find ourselves without the money to buy our usual ten boxes. (I know that sounds like alot, but remember... light source for the next whole year.)

Needless to say it was a bummer, but what can we do? If ya don't got the bucks, ya don't go shoppin. So ok, we'll deal like we usually do... not sure how yet, but things usually work out somehow.

Now here's where life gets interesting... or is it karma?

Under our bed is a large storage area, which I affectionately call the black hole. Whether we like it or not, most of us have that little area that becomes the catch all for those items we don't know what else to do with... and eventually forget. Ours is that 'hole'.

I don't remember what we were looking for, but Nut and I, one day, decided to brave the oblivion and see what all was down in there. He held up the mattress while I took a look see. I'll spare you the grim details, the rediscovered reminders of time gone past. Suffice it to say, we rummaged around and was just about to close it back up when, what do I see with my unbelieving eyes, but the corner of a familiar box sticking up from the rubble. I pulled it out. Lights! I couldn't believe it!

Newly inspired, we went through that whole dusty hole again, this time more thoroughly and ended up with the ten boxes of lights that we weren't able to buy this year. Wow! They must have gotten pushed to the back out of sight, only to have us discover them that day, when they were really needed, and when we desperately needed a positive mental boost. Boy did we get it!

I just am so thankful that somehow karma smiled on us that day. Woohoo!

May karma smile upon you as happily as it did us.

No comments:

Post a Comment