Sunday, December 18, 2011

Personal Potluck

Last night Nut and I just wanted a no frills dinner, with minimal work. We settled on a clean out the fridge night. Leftovers do not have to be ho-hum. They can be fun and relaxed, kind of like our own personal potluck dinner... never know what you're going to get, just load up and dig in.

Here's what we had for dinner:

Leftover chicken - Nut made a sweet and savory sandwich adding strawberry jam to the traditional mayo and mustard. Sounds strange but it was awesome!

Mushroom rice - we kept this one natural, simply warmed it up and sprinkled with sweet bright green edamame.

Sweet potato/spam bites - We had sweet potato tater tots leftover, and a bit of bbq'd Spam style luncheon loaf. Couldn't help it... I had to get my "cutsie" on. For 8 tots, I sliced the Spam into 8 pieces as well. Warmed them all, them assembled my bites. From bottom to top, Spam, bbq sauce, tater tot, then a toothpick down the center. They were actually pretty good, though next time, I'm adding a dab of horseradish
to break up the sweet rich taste.

Bread with jam - Nice and simple, just what it sounds like. The only thing I was missing was some tea to go with my jam and bread!

Now it's time to start cookin more dinners, so we can have more leftovers, and do this all over again!

This was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment