Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Best Laid Plans... Be grateful if they don't work!

This actually turned into a lesson learned.

Three days ago I was riding the wave of momentum. Projects, blogs, they were all happening. Then the next day, I was hit by a bit of the flu that decided to hang around for two days. I'm now back in the saddle, but I have a new companion of guilt. I didn't get my many planned projects for those two days done.

Then I had an epiphany... I slowed down a bit. I was still active, but my concentration was non-existant and I couldn't stay too far away from la toilet. I don't know how it happened, but I, somehow, reconnected with what has always been very important, and for which I am very blessed. One of which was (after being a hermit for a bit...) the joy of saying "hello" to my wonderful neighbors. Nut coaxed me outside for a little fresh air, and the smiles and hearty hellos from our friends were medicine itself. You can't put a price on that.

Then, as I'm inside, groaning, there's my loving family... the fuzzy butts curled up next to me as I lay on the couch and my lovin' Nut fixing a comforting beverage for me. These true blessings are like an extra blankie, warm and protective.

The saying... "slow down and smell the roses" actually comes into play here. I think this was my lesson. Pursuits are what they are, but we can't overshadow the luxury of what we already have. We have our amazing family in Alaska, which we dearly love and miss. Closer by, we have those that are, in a way, a surrogate family. In Nut's and my case, it's our neighbors. We all help each other in this park. That is soul rich, and I learned that from my dear friend... and neighbor.. dreammaster333. She has taught me that one of the greatest gifts we have is the love that surrounds us, and through that love we can muster the strength we need. When we can't do it ourselves, hugs are just a fencepost away.

Cyber-hugs to you all. Have a great week. I survived the flu. It's now back to more of our everyday survival!

No comments:

Post a Comment