Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Ahead to Resolution Resolve

Three days to New Year's Eve. It's that time again, when thoughts start turning to how this coming year is going to be better than the last. Those darn resolutions... why don't they work? It's not a lack of conviction, or is it? I always mean well at the beginning of the year, but around May, I can't remember those well meant goals, and forget about laying my hands on that handy list that was supposed to remind me of any key items I may have forgotten New Year's Eve.

I think I'm going to take a different approach this coming year. I'm not going to plan the whole year. Instead I would like to divide up the year into quarters. So, what am I going to accomplish for the next three months? Well aside from my new and exciting blogging career :) My thoughts turn towards gardening. It hits me like a ton of bricks right about this time every year. I get the gardening bug. Even this morning, I surveyed our planting areas, realizing just how much work needed to be done before the first seed of the season even goes into the dirt. Therefore, the goal for my first three months of 2012 is being a good gardener. This stage of work involves breaking up the crud of weeds and and past plants not yet dug up... kinda backbreaking, but then again, with that in our future, who needs a gym?! I love multitasking... gym and garden all in the same effort. Very cool!

That is the sum-up of goals for the first quarter of the new year. Due to the fact that it is still freezing at night, some other growing options need to be explored such as in indoor gardening and learning more about recycling. Here's my dilemma, my seeds are old by a couple years, but I'm going to try anyway. I'll keep you posted.

I'm excited to try many new projects during this new take on resolutions. I resolve to teach myself, learn through doing, and hopefully inspire you through reading. Please check back... first project... soaking seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment